Friday, April 10, 2009

Who Is Sarah Menefee

Hi
I am Sarah and a mother of 3 , a wife and a photographer. Photography is a passion of mine,creative outlet and art for me, to me it is more than just picking up a camera and taking a picture, It is capturing a moment in time,being able to discribe a moment not in words but in pictures.

Portraits, are a favorite of mine, not your every day portraits tho, I love to do portraits outside when the weather is nice or inside using a Chroma (green) Screen. This alowes us to get very creative with the backgrounds we choose to use in your portraits, one that shines a light on who you are. I love to photograph life. I think the best portraits come from people being themselves, showing the world who they are and how they feel, capturing that one pristine moment in a photograph.

I love to photograph children being themselves, showing the whole world their hearts, The look in their eyes as they discover the world around them. I believe to get a great portrait of a child you much watch them. Let them do their normal every day things. The moment will come when they will give you that perfect picture. One that every Mother and Father will treasure forever.

I love to photograph weddings, With weddings you get to capture so many details from love, saddness, Happiness , romance. My goal at the end of each photo I take, Is to capture something they can hold close to their hearts forever.


When I am not shooting people other passion is to shoot the locations themselves, some natural like beaches, others structural. When I bring a sense of the artistic to a shot of a location, it captures its life and energy in a way that simple snapshots fail to showcase. The perfect artful shot is more than merely technically correct lighting and exposure – the perfect shot conveys what the subject truly means, whether candid, portrait or architectural. It sets the subject in motion and makes it exciting, bringing out that which makes it beautiful or unique.

Style
Enthusiastic supporter of the “return of back-and-white”, with a preference for editorial shots and landscapes or scenery.

Background
As a long-time photography enthusiast, I recently began accepting work professionally on the advice and requests of acquaintances and professionals alike that were familiar with my art. Under the teachings and mentorship of Jeff Roush, respected professional photographer and teacher,

Best regards,

-Sarah Menefee

Des Moines, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment